Dubai-Inspired Butter Chicken – An Irresistible Recipe for Food Lovers
Indulge in the flavors of Dubai with our mouthwatering Butter Chicken recipe! This delectable dish combines tender marinated chicken in a rich, creamy tomato-based sauce that will leave you craving for more. Learn how to make this iconic Dubai-inspired Butter Chicken that will surely delight your taste buds.
– 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1/2 cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt preferred)
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons garam masala
– 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to your preferred spice level)
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
– 3 tablespoons cooking oil (vegetable or canola oil)
– 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
– 1 cup tomato puree or crushed tomatoes
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
– Salt to taste
– Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Marinating the chicken:
– In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, and a pinch of salt.
– Add the chicken pieces to the marinade, ensuring they are evenly coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (for best results, marinate overnight).
2. Cooking the chicken:
– In a large skillet or saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil over medium-high heat.
– Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook until they are lightly browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Preparing the sauce:
– In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil if needed. Sauté the chopped onions until they turn translucent.
– Stir in the minced garlic and grated ginger, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until the raw smell disappears.
– Add the tomato puree or crushed tomatoes, and cook the mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Creating the creamy texture:
– Lower the heat and stir in the heavy cream, mixing it well with the tomato-onion base.
– Add the unsalted butter and dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) to the sauce, stirring until the butter melts and the sauce becomes smooth.
5. Bringing it all together:
– Gently add the cooked chicken back into the sauce, coating each piece thoroughly. Simmer the mixture for another 10 minutes on low heat, allowing the flavors to meld together.
– Adjust salt and spice levels according to your preference.
– Transfer the Dubai-inspired Butter Chicken to a serving dish and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
– Serve hot with naan, basmati rice, or your favorite Indian bread.
This Dubai-inspired Butter Chicken recipe promises an unforgettable culinary experience, blending aromatic spices with creamy textures. Whether you’re a Dubai-based food lover or not, this dish is sure to win your heart with its rich flavors and delightful taste. Enjoy this scrumptious Butter Chicken with family and friends, and savor the magic of Dubai’s culinary heritage right in the comfort of your home!